Cooking is no longer restricted to the inside of your home. Turn your backyard into a retreat with your dream outdoor kitchen. Before you start purchasing products, keep these tips in mind. They will help you enjoy your kitchen for years to come.
Decide On A Budget
The budget for the kitchen like any other home remodel. A few things to consider when creating your budget include:
- the type of materials you want to use.
- the price of getting professional installers.
- the furniture and accessories that finish the space.
Decide On The Location
After determining your budget, choose your location.
- How much space does the kitchen need
- Do you need a covering over the kitchen? Are you adding it to an existing structure?
- If you have children give them enough space to play. This is also important if you have pets that enjoy the yard.
Ask for your family’s input on the location. Consider a compromise if there are multiple locations suggested.
What style or theme do you want your kitchen to reflect?
Think about the decor inside your home. Do you want to continue the same theme outdoors?
- Is the kitchen part of a larger remodel? Do you already have the theme chosen for the rest of the remodel?
- Who is going to use the space? Keep this in mind when choosing the colors so that everyone is happy.
Create Your Lists
The final step in brainstorming your dream kitchen is the lists. Write the lists out before meeting with your design team. They are an important starting point for the project.
- Create a list of must-have items. These can include seating styles, grills, bar styles, lighting, and other important items.
- Try to find examples of each item so that everyone knows what you are referring to.
- When creating the first list, keep your budget in mind.
- On a separate piece of paper, make a second list. This list is for items that would be nice, but are not necessary. Items here can include things like a second refrigerator, a sound system, and beer taps. Don’t restrain your mind with the budget on this list.
- Use the second list as a guide for future purchases.
Print out a copy of both lists along with your location plans for your records.
Contact us after you brainstorm your outdoor kitchen. We will work with you to create your cooking paradise at home.